Monday, August 1, 2011

Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails....and Caterpillars?

If it wasn't enough that we got pregs on the "first try"  (i.e., the first month that we pulled the goalie, uh, so to speak?)....now Matt is all proud that he has created another penis for the world to enjoy.  Because he needed another ego boost right?  ;)

Yep, Baby Schneider will now be known as Baby BOY Schneider! 

We already had the puppy dog tails (sort of - Lucky doesn't really have a tail, but he tries hard)

.....and I love frogs (Don't ask, it's a tomboy thing, but Matt is always grossed out when I chase them and pick them up in the yard.  It is what it is, people.)

....so we are very happy about a little boy coming to join us.

And, wouldn't you know it?  We had a girl name ALL lined up....but can't decide on the boy name.  I guess it always works out that way.

We had our full "anatomy scan" today, Aug 1, where they measured all of the limbs, checked for the 4 chambers of the heart, checked the kidney function, gall bladder function, nasal bone/nostrils, pinky bones (absent pinky bones can sometimes mean a genetic defect), etc, etc.  Our little man passed with flying colors and is even tracking 5 days ahead of schedule, even if my weight is still a bit behind. 

I'm thinking that I'm going to balloon to blimp size (just call me Goodyear) in the 3rd trimester, so you heard it here first.  This "you're underweight" nonsense is TOTALLY going to backfire on me eventually.  Damn it.  How can I be underweight when my pants don't fit?!  Right.  That's apparently because I have gained weight in my belly and lost weight in my brain.

In any case, check out our little man!

Profiles....


Hello!  I am  here!


And, here...is a kick in the belly with my little baby foot!


 
Here's my belly.  It mostly looks like I ate too much, but I have proof there's a baby in there.


Boys mean bugs...so we are going with a caterpillar theme from Pottery Barn Kids: 


Which brings me to my next point.  Babies need LOTS OF STUFF.  Holy crap!  We almost had a mental meltdown in BuyBuyBaby on Saturday....with the strollers and the car seats and the crib mattresses and the mattress pads and the pack and plays and the boogie wipes and the .... well, you get the point.  And you think you need everything.  Luckily, the people at BuyBuyBaby know what you need....and will tell you which one to register for.  Those people were our saving grace.  Seriously. 

I needed a BIG martini after that trip. 

I am still waiting.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow - I'm still amazed at the ultrasounds. Normally my lovely FWK (friends with kids - or as the Funke family likes to say - freaks - with a lisp) show me these things and it's a Where Waldo game. 'Don't you see the hands...' uh - sure - it must be that other random white section next to the blobs. Hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying this blog! And you don't have to buy everything you freak....that's why you should have multiple baby showers. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete