Thursday, April 26, 2012

You Mean I Can't Get Paid to Take Care of My Kid Forever? Oh.

Yep...I'm back to work!  I can hardly believe 4 months went by so quickly, but I'm excited to re-enter the world of my career!  It was 1st and then 2nd (only to Matthew) for so long...and now it's 3rd in my life, but I have re-realized how much I need it for my sanity, self worth and, well, shopping addiction.  I have a serious addiction to Nordstrom, but even worse - an addiction to baby clothes!  Aaaaggghhhhh!!!!!

How is he already 4 months old?
And, why does he think he needs to stand up ALL THE TIME!?


(50th percentile on weight, 85th percentile on height)

During my transition back into work, I took Jack into the office with me a couple of times.  Everyone there just loves him....and he loves them right back with his cute smiles and giggles.


My lead(s) at work have been super flexible with my transition back....and we've figured out what "perfect" looks like for me as a mom with a successful career.  I'm so excited to start my work/life balance and to make it a success for everyone!

Jack....sleeping on the job.

With me back to work, Jack has made his debut at daycare where he just flirts with all of the ladies there all day.  He's the only baby, so he gets a TON of attention.  And, luckily?  He still likes me, his favorite girl, at the end of the day.  Whew.  He's only there 2 half days per week....and Daddy Day Care takes over from there.  Matt takes care of Jack on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and then Jack hangs with Grandmas Schneider on Fridays.  He gets in some good outdoor time with her as she takes him for nice, long walks.

So, besides being the cutest baby ever created, he's doing all SORTS of new and amazing things:

He has been bearing weight on his legs for a while now, but here's a picture of him standing like a little man!  

Easter with Grandma!
Jack started his swimming career and he's sure to be the next Michael Phelp.

Matt had to dunk his little face into the water.  I think it hurt me more than it hurt Jack.  He popped right back up like a little champ!

Pre Pool

Post Pool

Matt didn't stop smiling for the entire lesson!

See what I mean?

Tummy Time at the Pool!

He's a tired duckling after swim class, but I'll still smooch his face!

After talking to our pediatrician about Jack starting a new routine of eating 3 times/night (uhm, pardon?), we've started a little rice cereal for dinner each night.  Although I think it smells like wet socks, Jack seems to love it!

Our first attempt wasn't super successful:

...but the second time around, we were shoving it in with both hands!

In any case, a little rice cereal led to a full night of uninterrupted sleep for the entire household!!  Of course, I woke up at 6:15 am having a mild heart attack that he might have been stolen in his sleep.  To my astonishment, he was snoozing peacefully....

Upcoming events:
Baby Jack goes International with a trip to Vancouver
Baptism on 6/23
Half Birthday on 6/23

Until then, enjoy some other adventures outside of the crib:
That sweet baby sleeps best right in the middle of our bed.  It's our early morning ritual.  After a long night in his crib, I miss him, so this is where he ends up!

My Loves out to Dinner.

They are very serious about shopping.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOU! This post is hilarious and makes me start to count down the days until we arrive in NJ! I think Jack needs to figure out when he can come south and meet his future girlfriend, Mya.

    ReplyDelete